Sarajevo Climate & Temperature
- Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina is at 43°52'N, 18°26'E, 638 m (2093 ft). See map.
- Sarajevo has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Sarajevo is situated in or near the cool temperate wet forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 9.6 degrees Celsius (49.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 19.8 °C (35.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 4°C (39.3°F) on average falling to -3.2°C (26.3°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 15.3°C (59.5°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 4.5°C (40.1°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 24.8°C (76.6°F) and average low temperatures are 12.3°C (54.1°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 16.1°C (60.9°F) during the day and lows of 5.7°C (42.2°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 932.4 mm (36.7 inches) which is equivalent to 932.4 Litres/m² (22.87 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1880 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Sarajevo you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Mokairau, Pakarae, New Zealand (Warm temperate thorn steppe biome).
Sarajevo Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Sarajevo Climate Graph in Metric Units
Sarajevo Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Keszthely, Hungary - 334.1 kms (207.6 miles) NNW
- Pecs, Hungary - 237.7 kms (147.7 miles) N
- Zagreb, Croatia - 290.5 kms (180.5 miles) NW
- Crikvenica, Croatia - 329.4 kms (204.7 miles) WNW
- Sibenik, Croatia - 203.8 kms (126.7 miles) W
- Split, Croatia - 165.2 kms (102.7 miles) WSW
- Dubrovnik, Croatia - 138 kms (85.7 miles) SSW
- Termoli, Italy - 348.1 kms (216.3 miles) SW
- Sant'Angelo (Mount), Italy - 314.2 kms (195.2 miles) SW
- Amendola, Italy - 341.2 kms (212 miles) SW
- Bari/ Palese Macchie, Italy - 332.8 kms (206.8 miles) SSW